The demanding hygiene regulations in the food sector require processes that are as reproducible as possible and the use of materials approved for this sector. Simple, complete cleaning of the parts in contact with the product is mandatory. Likewise, no working media, e.g. compressed air goes into or on the product. The assembly is checked using a vacuum test.
The nozzles for fully automatic assembly are introduced into the system in the bulk material. Filling can take place at any time without interrupting the process outside the machine protection zone. The film is stretched on a reel. The process must be interrupted for around 15 min for the film to be changed. The assembled assemblies packed in cardboard can be removed from the finished part belt at any time.
The system was connected to the customer's operating data acquisition system in order to send the orders directly to the system and also to process real-time data from the system in the data acquisition system.
The system carries out the following process steps:
- Conveying and separating 11 pieces each of the nozzle (bulk material)
- Unrolling a film from a reel
- Inserting 11 nozzles into a revolver drum
- Pre-punching the film (11 washers) Punching through and welding the film washers using a hot stamp
- Rolling up the punched film on the waste roll
- Leak test of the welded assembly by means of vacuum
- Separation of the NOK parts into a reject container
- Packing of the OK parts in a box as bulk material (approx. 10,000 pieces each)
- Automatic verification of the test station in the system using "destroyed" films on the nozzles
Key technical data
Construction year: 2018
Project length: approx. 6 months
Measurements: L x W x H = 2.8 x 2.3 x 2.4 m
Weight: 1400 kg
PLC: Siemens SIMATIC ET200S / SIMATIC Manager S7
Safety: Sick FlexiClassic
Operation: Siemens Touchpanel 6”, Color KTP600